Soweto and Johannesburg CBD Tour - Tuesdays to Sundays
Our tour of the South Western Township (So-We-To) offers a glimpse into the lives of the people who helped build Johannesburg and who continue to arrive seeking their piece of Africa's largest economy. Soweto (pop. 2.5 million) is a big city in its' own right.It is a buzzing, bustling mix of traders, mini bus taxis, restaurants, shops, shebeens, informal settlements, millionaire's homes and development projects.
- Pick up 09H00
- Short orientation through the Johannesburg Central Business District
- Drive through sections of Soweto including Diepkloof, Baragwanath, Kliptown, Pimville and Orlando
- Visit the Hector Pieterson Memorial and Museum - showcasing the events of 16 June 1976 - "The Soweto Uprising"
- Lunch at a small, locally-owned restaurant
- Afternoon visit to the Apartheid Museum (Closed on Mondays)
- Return to hotel at approx 17H00
This tour can be combined with a Pretoria City Tour - to make a complete day, and a day filled with contrasts. The visit to the Apartheid Museum will then not take place. The Pretoria City Tour can be done on Mondays.